No matter how many times we promise ourselves we won't get caught up in holiday mania, Christmas has a way of melting people. And so today is the eve of gift-giving day. Many are just now wrapping and buying. I definitely had my share of Christmas eve days playing catch up, which reminds me of a funny proposal story.

I once dated this guy who used to swear by all things golden that he didn't want marriage until he was older, much older. It didn't matter much to me at that time. Finally though, the day came when he actually asked me to marry him and we set the date close to Christmas. But something didn't set well with me about being married around Christmas time. I thought about it and thought about it. Guess what was bothering me most? Oh, you'll never guess so I better tell you...

THAT WOULD MEAN ONE GIFT FOR TWO SPECIAL DAYS! No way! I wanted every one of my gift-getting holidays to count separately with separate gifts for each. I've grown up since then (at least a little bit- LOL)

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and experience all the joy that giving bestows upon the giver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment